Bathsheba

Any other band you want to talk about
Burkhard
Germany

Bathsheba

Post by Burkhard »

I discovered Bathsheba from Belgium three years ago when I searched - just out of curiosity - the German Rock Hard-forum (which I'm not a member of) for "Dawn Crosby" and "Fear of God". In a topic about their debut album "Servus", someone said that the vocals reminded him of those of Dawn Crosby and the beginning of their song [External Link Removed for Guests] of Fear of God's "White Door". After listening to some songs on youtube, I bought the album. The vocals of Michelle Nocon are the closest to Dawn Crosby's on "Within the Veil" I have heard yet. Also the very dark atmosphere on the entire album reminds me a lot of "Within the Veil". With the exception of the fast beginning and ending of [External Link Removed for Guests] which reminds me a bit of the fast parts in [External Link Removed for Guests] live version of "All that Remains" (looks like music and video either are out of sync or like they have been mixed together from different sources), the songs on "Servus" are doom metal, yet not the kind of doom metal e.g. Candlemass play, but much darker. If Fear of God had recorded a doom metal album - there are already several slow parts on "Within the Veil" -, it could have sounded similar to "Servus". While the music on "Within the Veil" is more diverse than on "Servus" and while Dawn's vocals are more multi-layered (or whatever I should call it) than Michelle's, I think anyone who likes "Within the Veil" should give "Servus" a try.

Unfortunately, Bathsheba already split up in 2018 and the music of the new project of their vocalist called Of Blood and Mercury has absolutely nothing to do with metal. Somewhere I read the description "dark pop" - whatever that is. You also find some clips on youtube, but - I'm sorry to say this - the music of this new project doesn't do much for me.